Do you have a digital camera and enjoy taking photographs? Here’s your chance to see your photos “published” on Clark County’s Web site. Have family members who are photo buffs? Please send in their photos, too.
By e-mailing photos to us, you are giving us permission to use them on the county’s Web site anytime, free of charge. We’re sorry we can’t pay you for the photos, but we will give you a credit line on the Web. Here’s your chance to share your skills with friends and family. Plus, who can say no to instant fame and glory?
Selecting the photos to send
• Only digital photos of Clark County, Washington, taken in the last 12 months, are eligible. We may not be able to use all the photos sent in and they won’t be returned, so please be sure to keep a copy for yourself.
• Subject matter might include nice landscape scenes or activities and events, especially those linked to Clark County government programs and services. We prefer photos taken in areas outside city limits where the county has jurisdiction.
• Variety is what makes a Web site interesting. We are looking for photos that are very close to the subject as well as far away, and in different shapes and sizes.
• We especially need photos that will fit in the revolving photo area on the top left of the home page. This is a narrow horizontal space, so not all photos will fit. If you send in a extremely vertical photograph, it might be used on another page of the Web site. Please don’t hesitate to send us your best efforts, whatever their size and shape. We’ll try to find the right place to show them off.
• Photos need to be in focus and not have any strong color cast, such as a very strong yellow coloring over the whole area. This often happens with indoor shots.
• Please avoid close-ups where children are recognizable. You’ll need to complete a photo release form (PDF - 66KB)if there is anybody in the photo that might be recognized.
How do I send in my photos?
Send e-mail photos to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you combine several photos in an e-mail, please be sure it has a total size of less than 5 MB, or it will be bounced back from the county server. You may need to send photos separately or resize them smaller if this happens.
We’ll let you know we have received your photos and will also contact you when they are about to run on the Web site. We hope to see your images on the Web site soon. Thanks for your help in making Clark County’s Web site more interesting and attractive for our residents.
Any questions? Please e-mail email@example.com and we will personally send you an answer as soon as possible.