Clark County Washington
Home Find It! A-Z Index Departments & Programs Jobs Contact Us
Newcomers, visitors > When you arrive

When you arrive

So you have packed up all your belongings and are ready for life in Clark County. Here is information about some of the things you’ll need to do when you arrive.

You’ll probably want to arrange for such things as electricity, water, natural gas, garbage collection, phone, and television services. And don’t forget to register to vote, get your new driver’s license and car registration, and buy licenses for your pets. Whew.

To get acquainted with your new community, you might want to join the Clark County’s Newcomer’s Club, which works like Welcome Wagon, or attend local neighborhood association meetings.

If you have children, you’ll want to arrange for their schooling and possibly sign up for social services. In recent years, schools have become one of the biggest development activities in Clark County. In 2003, new school construction accounted for seven percent of all building here. We opened high schools in both Camas and Hockinson, as well as primary and middle schools around the county.

Included below are links to information about all these services.

Clark County's Newscomers Club

Contact phone company

Arrange for utility service (both cities and county)
Sign up for TV
Local TV stations
Get licensed, registered (or married?)
Put the kids in school

K-12 public schools: Higher education (public): Find your local libraries Contact your neighborhood association Finding social services you need Keeping safe

top of page

Street address: 1300 Franklin Street, Floor 6, Vancouver, WA 98660
Mailing address: P.O. Box 5000, Vancouver, WA 98666-5000
Main phone: (360) 397-6012 | FAX: (360) 397-6015

Clark County Home | Find It! | A-Z Index | News Releases | Jobs | Contact Us

For questions or comments regarding the Clark County Web site:

© 2008 Clark County Washington | Disclaimer and legal notice | Health Information Privacy Notice