Steve Stuart (District 3), who grew up in Ridgefield, was appointed as a county commissioner December 2004 to fill the partial term of former Commissioner Craig Pridemore. He has since been elected to serve in 2005, 2006 and 2010. Prior to that, he worked as the Executive Director of a local wetlands conservation bank and Friends of Clark County.
Commissioner Stuart received a bachelor's degree in both business and sociology from Linfield College, and a law degree from the University of Oregon. In 2002, Stuart earned a statewide award for leadership in promoting growth management for a better Washington.
Whether it has been getting stop signs in a Felida neighborhood to keep kids safe, hiring new sheriff's deputies, or working to bring a world-class research park to Washington State University at Vancouver, Commissioner Stuart takes great pride in serving people who live here. Learn more about Commissioner Stuart.
2013 Board assignments
- Audit Oversight Committee (AO) - Clark County
- Board of Health (BOH)
- Clark Transit Agency (C-Tran) Board of Directors
- Emergency Commissioner
- Finance Committee - Clark County
- Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation (JPact)
- Law and Justice Council (L&J) - Clark County
- Law Library Board of Trustees - Clark County
- Local Health Boards Alliance
- Metropolitan Policy Advisory Committee (MPAC)
- Joint Policy Advisory Committee on Transportation (JPACT)
- Portland State University Institute of Portland Metropolitan Studies Board of Directors (IMS)
- Washington State Association of Counties (WSAC LSC) Legislative Steering Committee
2013 State of the County Address (Video: 88 minutes)