Clark County Juvenile Detention Center
The design of this facility provides opportunities to implement a Balanced and Restorative Approach to dealing with issues that contribute to the criminal thinking and behavior of detained youth. By addressing these issues young offenders have a greater chance of becoming positive, contributing community members.
Juvenile offenders unable to be in the community who are awaiting court dates or serving sentences received in court are supervised in this facility
Clark County Juvenile Court believes Accountability is not achieved when offenders simply do time in a detention facility. True accountability involves making time count.
- Interim educational services-provided by Vancouver School District
- Drug/alcohol assessment-provided by Community Services Northwest
- Information classes
- Basic medical screening
- Interim counseling services
Community volunteers who work in the center are also an integral part of detention programming and through their work with youth they enhance our ability to make time in detention count.
- The Clark County Detention Center is an 80-bed facility consisting of four living units or pods
- Each pod consists of single cells, a dormitory style room, an education classroom and an eating/recreation area
- The facility contains an indoor gym area for large muscle activities
- The design of the building maximizes opportunities for increased staff/youth interaction and the implementation of a direct supervision model.